The Curiosity to Succeed
Two things that go hand-in-hand: lifelong learning and technology. You can’t produce great technology without learning newer programming languages and software. Once you’ve mastered one technology, another steps up to replace it. Oftentimes, the solution used for your last project doesn’t work for the next.
My curiosity about everything has led to learning a wide range of skills. From the right-brained artistic world of a graphic designer to the left-brained analytical nature of a mobile programmer, I cover the spectrum.
I am a(n)…
- web and graphic designer (HTML5, responsive design with media queries, CSS3, Adobe Creative Suite),
- UI/UX designer (wireframing, prototyping, usability testing),
- programmer (C#/Windows 8, Objective-C/iOS, Java/Android, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Arduino, PHP/Wordpress customization),
- data designer (MySQL, SQL, MongoDB, Amazon SimpleDB),
- Internet marketing specialist (search engine optimization, Google Analytics, social media, content writing, online community building),
- instructional designer (ADDIE model, SCORM, Lectora, Articulate, Captivate, ToolBook, Blackboard, Moodle),
- 3D animator and graphics programmer (webGL, Autodesk 3D Studio Max & Maya),
- interactive media developer (Arduino, the Internet of Things, kiosks, simulation applications),
- project manager (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Six Sigma methodologies), and
- creativist (audio/video production with Adobe Premiere/Audition, motion graphics with Adobe After Effects, drawing and painting, keyboard and guitar, and Arduino fun).
I’d also like to be ‘your next hire.’
One factor that good employees all share is the ability to adapt and do whatever it takes to complete a project. I’ve had many roles during my career, from being an Internet Marketing Specialist for an IBM distributor to directing e-learning for an international publisher. The skills I’ve gained and the roles I’ve had throughout my career have enabled me to create products from start to finish – and not just any products. I create impactful products that help others to succeed; products that feed the curiosity of learners; creative applications that engage and promote growth through interactivity.
My curiosity and desire to create truly engaging products resulted in returning to school after 18 years in the industry. I now have a degree in mobile media programming and the ability to create interactive products for all devices. This opens the door to a larger audience and I’m excited and eager to enter this new niche.
If you’re looking for a talented, hard-working employee, and you value creativity, curiosity, and lifelong learning, please reach out to me! I would love to learn more about your goals.
Wishing you the best,